Tuesday, September 13, 2016

Europe Adventure: Day Fourteen, part one- Morning excursion

On Monday, April 18th we got up early, had breakfast at our hotel, and walked to our tube station. 
 We took the tube to Charing Cross Station. 
From there we walked to Trafalger Square.








There were guys up on the statue cleaning. I would not want that job! It was so high up!


After hanging out at the square for a little while, we walked up Charing Cross Road to see the bookshops. Most of them were not open yet but we did look in the windows. And it was a bit underwhelming. I didn't really see anything that sparked my interest. 
But we were able to go to the location of the bookshop from 84, Charing Cross Road. 
I really wanted to go there after reading the book by Helene Hanff. 
We found the marker!


It was a little disappointing to find out that it is now a McDonald's. 


Next up: The changing of the guard!

2 comments:

The Kings said...

I can't remember if I commented on this entry! I think I did but if not...it was so much fun to see these places...and see a familiar site...McDonalds! :-)

Cheryl said...

Haha.