Thursday, October 1, 2015

Welcome October!


I wake up on the morning of October first so happy. 
It is the first official day of my favorite three months of the year. 
October is a magical time where the world is full of my favorite colors and everything seems to be crisp and beautiful. 
There are so many wonderful memories associated with this time of year and so many fun things going on. 
Today I am going to share some of my favorite things about October!

I have a lot of Halloween decorations. I stay far away from the gory and terrifying and much prefer the cute and happy side of Halloween. 
The things I put around my house in October that make me the happiest are: 
The ones made by my girls. 
These two pumpkins, girl Frankenstein's monster, and ghost were made my Maddy this year. 


Bat made from Abi's hands when she was much younger. 

My witch from Salem, Massachusetts. I kind of want to go back there right now

My black roses and mini broomsticks that are added to my big vase. 

My very favorite owl witch. 

These little guys. 

This cool door. 

This sign.

 My new owl.


The silhouettes I made a few years ago. 

And my ever burning Yankee Candles. 
My favorite last year was Fall Harvest but they didn't have it this year. 
This one smells a lot like it. Pumpkins and Cinnamon. 

One of my very favorite things about this time of year is breaking out the hot chocolate and enjoying a mug full while watching a seasonal movie or reading a book. 


My favorite kind of cocoa is Stephen's (raspberry is my favorite flavor) and this is my favorite mug of the moment. 

I love to get in some seasonal, spooky (but not too spooky) reading. 
My very favorite that I read every single year if I can is Dracula by Bram Stoker. 

We also have a large amount of children's Halloween books. 

These have been our girls' favorites through the years. 

We love a good, cheesy Halloween movie. 

The favorites tend to be these ones. 

We also love playing our Charlie Brown game and doing puzzles! 

I am so excited to see what this month will bring.






What are your favorite things about October?

4 comments:

Donna said...

I love this post! October is one of my favorite months too. I love all of your decorations, especially the owls, and your owl mug is so cute. We're big fans of "Hotel Transylvania" too. Peter took the boys to see the sequel last weekend. It's going to be a good month!

Cheryl said...

I can't wait to see the new one. I can only take Abi because Maddy has decided that she doesn't like seeing movies in the theater.

The Kings said...

I love October too and I loved your post on your favorite things. I love the decorations, the cool weather, the leaves changing colors, going on autumn runs with leaves crunching beneath my feet, making Halloween Sugar cookies to share, and candles burning! We need to set a date to go see the new Transylvania movie!!

Cheryl said...

I like the thought of you running with leaves crunching under your feet. That is cool.
Yes! We do!