Monday, January 4, 2016

December Favorites

Here are some of my favorite things in the month of December: 

Christmas themed washi tape. I used it on my Christmas planner this year and any other time I could find an excuse to use it. It is so cute. 


Inkjoy pens

 I have loved these for a long time but I used them a LOT in December and these really are my favorite pens I have ever used. 

Television: 

Doug and I started watching An Idiot Abroad on Netflix. It is about a man, Karl Pilkington, who doesn't like to travel. He is a homebody and really had no interest in leaving England. Ricky Gervais and Stephen Merchant send him around the world to see the wonders. His reactions are hilarious. 
And you also get to see the seedy underbelly of most of the places we only see the good side of so that is interesting as well. I will eventually do a full review on Scones and Crackers.

 Movies: 

I finally got to see Mockingjay Part 2 with my mom and my Aunt Maureen and I loved it. They did so well with adapting this series to the screen and I now want to re-read the whole series and then marathon the movies when this comes out on DVD. 


I have been waiting on Age of Adaline for months because I had it on hold from the library. I finally had my turn last week. I had high hopes for this film and it did not disappoint. It was so good. 
It is a romantic drama about Adaline, a woman that does not age. 
It was well acted and an interesting story. Blake Lively pulled it off really well as she has a level of elegance that was needed for a woman that was living in 2015 but would really be from the early 1900's. It also had a moment that I swooned over. 
I think it is one of the most romantic movie moments ever. I don't know if I should give it away on here or not so I will just say it involves books and flowers. 

Books: 



I read 13 books in December. 
My favorites were Letters from Father Christmas, Mr. Lemoncello's Library, The Life of our Lord, The Thirteenth Tale, The Fairy Tale Girl, and the Christmas Carol Pop up book. 

And speaking of books- one of my favorite things this month was given to me by my sister in law. It embosses my books with this: 


Clothes: 

I love my Christmas pajama pants. They are reindeer leggings I bought at Shopko. They are seriously so cozy. They feel like you are emerging your legs in warm water. Strange description but that's the only way I could think to describe them. 
And the socks I am wearing in this picture are from Target. I have four pair of these socks now. These plain gray ones, some gray and white striped, navy blue and gray striped, and navy blue. They are the most comfortable socks I own. They come in packages of two pairs of socks and are about $5.


My sister recommended buying leggings at Victoria's secret after I asked her where she bought hers (after buying several from different places and never liking them). She was right! I got these gray ones with a light gray stripe from the VS pink store in the mall for about $35 dollars and they are really comfortable! They feel really thin but then they are quite warm and are not see through. I love wearing these around the house. 

After returning my Dr. Marten boots I went to Target and bought these boots for $35. I wasn't sure how they would do but they have been fantastic. They look cute and are extremely comfortable. Plus they zip up the side so I only have to tie them once! 

More December favorites would be all the family get togethers, watching Christmas movies, drinking cocoa, reaching my Goodreads challenge, and Christmas! But more on those in later posts!!

*What were some of your favorite things in December?

6 comments:

The Kings said...

Loved your post! I think a Hunger Games marathon would be great when "Mockingjay II" comes out. Can I come? I also want to see "Age of Adaline" now that you have told me about it! And for my favorite things in December: decorations, hot cocoa, reading, Christmas movies, baking and eating fun treats, gifts to give is the best, our family party, lights, music, a tree, the train and villages I build, cards, and snow on Christmas Eve / Day! The hard part is taking it all down now :-(

Cheryl said...

All great things! I finished taking down our Christmas things over the weekend. I wanted to move some stuff around and organize some things and couldn't do it until the Christmas things were out of the way.

Cheryl said...

oh- and YES you can come to the marathon. Haha.

The Kings said...

Yeah!!!!:-)

Seth and Julie said...

Okay, maybe I am stupid, but what is washi tape? Never heard of it. I have a bit of a pen obsession. My current favorite is the Bic Velocity, but I will have to try some Inkjoy pens. I am laughing because I just left a comment about how well Doc Marten shoes fit me but how the Target ones are a bit too narrow, and then I see you raving about those fleece lined pants. I bought those and they did not fit right at all. They were a little baggy on the top but so tight on the bottom that it cut my circulation off. And they only came down to my calves. We must just be comfortable in totally different things.

Cheryl said...

Washi tape is a repositionable decorative tape. People use them to decorate all sorts of things but I pretty much use them for notebooks and journals, to stick things into my journals like tickets and stuff. I have also used them on cups at parties or crafts. The girls like using them on crafts.
The reindeer pants? If so, mine are a little baggy on top and tighter on the legs as well but not that tight so that is interesting. Maybe it's where they fall on your legs because you are taller than me. I don't know. Weird.