Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Books I read in 2015

Last year I discovered the Goodreads book challenge for the first time. 
I decided to set myself a goal for reading 100 books in 2015. 
Did I do it? 
Yep. 
I ended up reading 110 books. 
It was not easy. There were definitely times during the year when I didn't think I would make it to one hundred. I read a lot more graphic novels than I ever have before and that helped. I didn't count the children's picture books I read to the children. 
I will share what I read and then I will let you know what my favorites were. 
 
Here are the books I read by month:

January


The Secret Keeper by Kate Morton, The Iron Trial by Holly Black and Cassandra Clare, If I have to Tell You One More Time by Amy Mcready, Unbroken by Laura Hillenbrand, A Fine Romance: Falling in love with the English countryside by Susan Branch, Requiem and Pandemonium by Lauren Oliver. 

February: 


The Way of Kings by Brandon Sanderson and Hush, Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick

March: 


When Wanderers Cease to Roam by Vivian Swift, Spindle's End by Robin McKinley, and Bloodlines by Richelle Mead

April:


The Golden Lily, The Indigo Spell, The Fiery Heart, and Silver Shadows by Richelle Mead, As You Wish by Cary Elwes, Fangirl and Eleanor and Park by Rainbow Rowell, and Bridget Jones' Diary by Helen Fielding. 

 May: 



From the Kitchen of Half Truth by Maria Goodin, Lady Almina and the Real Downton Abbey by Fiona Carnarvon, Girl Online by Zoe Sugg, Amulet volume one and volume two by Kazu Kibkuishi, The Thief by Megan Whalen Turner, Attachments by Rainbow Rowell, A Monster Calls by Patrick Ness, Paper Towns by John Green, Princess Academy by Shannon Hale, Maze by Christopher Manson, Heist Society by Ally Carter, and Harry Potter Film Wizardry.  

June: 



Le road Trip by Vivian Swift, Say Goodbye to Survival Mode by Crystal Paine, Harry potter and the Sorcerer's Stone and Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets by J.K. Rowling, The Ruby Circle by Richelle Mead, Covenant Motherhood by Stephanie Dibb Sorenson, Chin Deap in Bubbles by Melissa Plakzek, Twilight graphic novels volume one and two by Stephenie Meyer/ Young Kim, Amulet volume three and four by Kazu Kibkuishi , and The Hiding Place by Corrie Ten Boom. 

July: 


Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban, The Goblet of Fire, and the Order of the Phoenix by J.K. Rowling, Amulet volume five by Kazu Kibkuishi, Remember, Remember the Fifth of November by Judy Parkinson, and At Home with Beatrix Potter by Susan Denyer.

 August: 


(the Secret Keeper shouldn't be in this picture!)
Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince and Deathly Hallows by J.K. Rowling, Heaven is Here by Stephanie Nielson, 30 Day Method by Tracy Anderson, Below Stairs by Margaret Powell....
 

Amulet volume six by  Kazu Kibkuishi, The Bumper book of London by Becky Jones, Uglies: Cutters graphic novel by Scott Westerfeld, Boxen by C.S and W.H. Lewis and Walter Hooper, Down the Rabbit Hole by Holly Madison, The Fringe Hours by Jessica N. Turner....


Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde, Olalla, and The Body Snatcher by Robert Louis Stevenson, The Canterbury Tales by Geoffrey Chaucer translated by Peter Ackroyd, and The Shepherd's Life by James Rebanks.

September:
 

The Tenant of Wildfell Hall by Ann Bronte, Far From the Madding Crowd by Thomas Hardy, The Darkest Part of the Forest by Holly Black, Frankenstein by Mary Shelley, And Then There Were None by Agatha Christie, Landline by Rainbow Rowell, and All I Know Now by Carrie Hope Fletcher. 

October: 
 


To My Friends by Jeffrey R. Holland, The DaVinci Code by Dan Brown, Fablehaven book one and two by Brandon Mull, The Fellowship by Philip and Carol Zaleski, The Coldest Girl in Coldtown by Holly Black, The Princess in Black book two by Shannon Hale, Wonder Struck by Brian Selznick, Dracula by Bram Stoker, Beauty Queens by Libba Bray, and The Madman's Daughter by Megan Shepherd. 

November: 
 


Ready Player One by Ernest Cline, The Brontes by Juliet Barker, The Marvels by Brian Selznick, London A Visitor's Guide by Craig Cross, Ramona the Pest by Beverly Cleary, The Old Testament (not all in the one month but finished it), The Brontes at Haworth by Ann Dinsdale, Christmas from the Heart of the Home and Christmas Joy by Susan Branch, Fantastic Mr. Fox by Roald Dahl, and You're Never Weird on the Internet (Almost) by Felicia Day. 

December: 
 


Letters from Father Christmas by J.R.R. Tolkien, The Mistletoe Promise by Richard Paul Evans, Skipping Christmas by John Grisham, Weird Things Customers Say in Bookshops by Jen Campbell, The Life of Our Lord by Charles Dickens, Escape from Mr. Lemoncello's Library and The Island of Dr. Libris by Chris Grabenstein, The Thirteenth Tale by Diane Setterfield, The Fairy Tale Girl by Susan Branch, A Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens, The Birds' Christmas Carol by Kate Douglas Wiggin, The Eyre Affair by Jasper Fforde, and Matilda by Roald Dahl.

It was a really good reading year. I read a few books I didn't like so much and discovered some I really love. My Goodreads wrap up said that I read 37, 214 pages. My shortest book was the Body Snatcher at 22 pages, and the longest was the Old Testament. It said my average book rating was 3.6. 

I am quite proud of the diversity of the books I read. They are pretty all over the place: Young Adult, Middle Grade, Children's, Adult, Classic, Non Fiction, Graphic Novels, etc. 

This year I set a goal for 52 books. I probably will read more than that but I decided after last year I wanted to set a smaller goal. I am excited to see what this year brings! 
In 2016 I will do a reading wrap up each month with my star ratings for each book rather than an year wrap up so stay tuned!
Next post: My favorite books of 2015!

2 comments:

The Kings said...

Wow...that is all I can say...wow!

Cheryl said...

Haha. Yeah. That's what I think too when I think about it. :)