Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Christmas Eve: Part One

We started Christmas Eve off slowly and relaxed but we wanted to go down to my parents house to help them set up a new computer so soon we were getting dressed and ready to go. 
First, I had the girls open our Christmas Eve box and take out the new family book because I wanted it for our ride. 
We started reading A Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens together a few days before and I knew that on the way down we would be able to finish it. So, I kind of wanted to be able to use the new pop up version on our way. 
Madeline and Abigail were very ready to open a gift!






I love this book soooo much. It is magical. 
As soon as we were done opening it we jumped in the van and began the drive (and the reading). 
The girls loved being in Grandma and Grandpa's Christmas wonderland of a house. 
Grandma turned the train on for them. 


Maddy was excited to drink out of the mug that was my "special mug" when I was a kid.




There was some piano playing.




Meanwhile Doug was setting up the computer for them. It had to do some uploading that would take awhile so they asked if they could take us to lunch while we waited. 
They took us to McDonald's and made Maddy's day because the Happy Meals had Shopkins toys in them. 


Afterward we went back to their house to play for a little longer while Doug finished up the computer stuff. 
They loved playing with all of Grandma and Grandpa's musical ornaments.




Soon it was time to go home and finish our Christmas Eve traditions. 
That included pulling out the Christmas lego sets. Doug usually puts these together with Abi every year on Christmas Eve while we watch The Muppets Christmas Carol.





After working on the Legos for a while we opened two more things from our Christmas Eve box: the movie and the game.
They were a little confused by how small the game package was.


I had Maddy open the game and Abi open the movie. I wanted Abi to go first.



We got Miracle on 34th Street.


One of our favorite things is always getting a new board game on Christmas Eve and one on New Years Eve, but this year there wasn't a standout board game that we just had to have. I couldn't decide. There were a few possibilities but nothing was making me excited. 
Finally I got an idea. I talked to Doug about it and he agreed it was a good idea. I decided that instead of getting two new games I would only get one. And it would be a Wii U game they have wanted for a long time. 

They were SHOCKED!



And SO excited!



They immediately put it in to play!



They loved it so much! 
Up next: Christmas Eve part two

1 comment:

The Kings said...

Such fun...and so fun to have you guys come down for awhile!