Monday, November 9, 2015

October Favorites

I am a little late posting this but here are some of my favorite things from last month!

Makeup/ Clothes/ Beauty:

1. Cover Girl's Super Sizer mascara

I like this stuff so much that I have the waterproof and non waterproof versions. 
This stays in place, makes my eyelashes stand out more, and it curls them too. 
I haven't used an eyelash curler since I started using this stuff. 
And it is under $10. 


2. elf's HD Lifting Concealer.

I don't know how this would work with any real serious concealing needs but for some dark circles under my eyes and some dark spots on my cheek that I have had since having kids it works great. 
In fact, this is my favorite concealer I have ever used. Since I am an extremely pale person I use their lightest color, Fair. 
It is $3. 
(FYI I also use elf eyeshadow, bronzer, blush, and brushes. I love their stuff and it is so cheap!)
 

3. Studio 35 Moisture Recovery Lotion.

I buy this at Walgreen's for 97 cents. 
I love it. 
It is small enough to fit in my makeup bag but it actually lasts a long time. 
Now that the weather has started getting cold again my need for hand lotion is increasing again. 
This stuff goes on really nice and then dries fast. It is lovely. My favorite hand lotion by far. 
 

4. Revlon Colorburst lipstick.

This has quickly become my favorite kind of lipstick.
My favorite shades are these two. I wear the lighter pink (Honey) almost every day and the darker shade (Sultry) when I am dressing up a bit more and want a little more color. 
Under $10.


5. Scarves.

I have always loved scarves but I always feel like they are wearing me when I try to wear them. 
I feel so self conscious in them. But last month I decided I needed to start wearing the ones I have bought and try to get used to them. I ended up really loving this black and white striped one from Target. 
 

6. The colors!

I love fall colors, especially yellow. It goes so well with my favorite shoes!
 

Food: 

Celestial Seasonings Peppermint Herbal Tea
 This stuff is so good. It has a relaxing aroma so I feel better when I am just holding it. 
The taste is really subtle. I love it. 
 

Movies: 

Hotel Transylvania 2
I went to this in the theater with my parents and Abigail. 
It was so much fun and I thought they did a really good job with the sequel. 
 


Television: 

1. The Great British Bake Off- you can see my review of this on Scones and Crackers. I watched the first season on Netflix. It is such a fun show!

2. Addams Family- after hearing the song at the girls' school, they were interested in the show. I loved it when I was a kid so I pulled it up on Hulu and Abi started watching it. I only watched the first episode but it was so much fun to watch with her. She liked it so much that she has been watching it ever since. 

3. Gilmore Girls- this is one of my favorite television series of all time. I usually re-watch about once a year but in October I started my second go through for the year. I just couldn't help it. I've had so much fun watching it while I work on projects. 

4. Leverage- This is a show that Doug watches. During October I watched a few more episodes with him and really enjoyed it. It is a fun show with some great characters and it is very entertaining. 
 

Onto books!
In October I read 10 books! 
 


My favorites were The Fellowship, The Literary Lives of the Inklings by Philip and Carol Zaleski, The Darkest Part of the Forest by Holly Black, Dracula by Bram Stoker, and reading Ramona, the 2nd Princess in Black, and Fablehaven with the girls. 

and finally:

Audible

I signed up for a free month of Audible in October and then downloaded the app on both my phone and Ipad. I love to go for a long walk after dropping the girls off at school now that they are both in school at the same time. While I walk I plug in the earphones and have been listening to the two free books I got on Audible last month. I finished Dracula on Audible last month. 

What were your favorite things in October?

3 comments:

Donna said...

Fun list! I added some of the makeup things to my list of beauty products to try. I feel exactly the same way as you about scarves. I'd like to find one that works for me like you did. I love Celestial Seasonings herbal teas. I'll definitely get that Peppermint one.

The Kings said...

Birthdays, Halloween fun, autumn leaves, cooler weather, a fun "day off" with scrapping, reading, and watching "The Host",and being with family..."those are a few of my favorite things"!

Cheryl said...

Glad you liked it! I have a few other scarves I have picked up over the years so now I need to figure out how to work them in too!
I don't even mix it with anything. I know a lot of people add cream or milk or honey to their tea but I don't really know how to do all of that (as far as how much to add, etc) so I just drink tea plain in the hot water and it is really so refreshing.

Love your favorite things mom!