Thursday, November 12, 2015

Fall Time, Cozy Time Book Tag

Fall is here... and almost over according to the weather this past week, so I thought I better hurry and do the Fall Time, Cozy Time book tag
This tag was created by Novels and Nonsense and you can see the original video here. 

Here we go!

1. Crunching Leaves, The world is full of color: Choose a book that has reds, oranges, and yellows on the cover...


It doesn't get much more "fall" than this book. Autumn by Susan Branch. 
This book is full of recipes, ideas for fall fun, and wonderful illustrations per usual from Susan Branch. I love her artwork and her books so I love pulling out the seasonal ones each year. 

2. Cozy Sweater, It's finally cool enough to don warm cozy clothing. What book gives you the warm fuzzies? 


Obviously. Right? Anne of Green Gables by L.M. Montgomery will always make me feel happy inside. 

3. Fall Storm: The wind is howling and the rain is pounding. Choose your favorite book or genre that you like to read on a stormy day.


I think that kind of weather most often makes me want to curl up under a blanket, next to a fire with a really good Gothic Romance!
And no one does that better than the Bronte sisters. 

4. Cool Crisp Air- Who is the coolest character that you would want to trade places with?


Hermione. No question. 

5. Hot Apple Cider- What under-hyped book do you want to see become the next biggest, hottest thing? 


I am going to mention two here. 
Shannon Hale seems to be pretty well known and a few of her books get talked about quite often. However, Book of a Thousand Days is one I rarely hear anyone talk about and it is one of my two favorite books by her (along with Goose Girl). 
I have only heard one other person talk about the awesomeness that is Icefall by Matthew Kirby... and that is my mom, and I'm pretty sure I gave her the book. This is a book more people need to read. It is fantastic.

6. Coat, Scarves, and Mittens- The weather has turned cold and it is time to cover up. What is the most embarrassing book cover you own and would like to keep hidden if reading in public?


I'm going with two for this one as well. 
First, I almost didn't read The Selection series by Kiera Cass because of the cheesy covers. And that would have been sad because I really like this series. 
I hate the cover of my copy of Rebecca by Daphne Du Maurier. I think it looks like a harlequin romance type book. I definitely need to get  new copy of this book that looks more like the actual story inside!

7. Pumpkin Spice- What's your favorite fall time comfort food? 


Hot Chocolate. It is definitely one of my very favorite things. My favorite flavor is Stephen's Chocolate Raspberry. It is so good!

That's it! 
What are your favorite fall things? 
I tag anyone that would like to do this on their blog!!

3 comments:

Donna said...

This was fun to read! I also love many of those books. And now I'm craving chocolate raspberry hot chocolate!

The Kings said...

Really fun to read! I, too, love so many of the books you mentioned. Yes, you did give me "Ice Fall" and I am so glad you did. Today with the snow I would love a mug of hot cocoa in the flavor you showed or the Candy Cane flavor and read a good book...but alas it has been a busy day so maybe I will curl up tonight in bed and read!

Cheryl said...

Haha. Glad I could help create a craving! :)

Isn't is so sad when you have the perfect day to read and can't actually do it! I need to have another reading day soon.