Monday, November 2, 2015

October Book Haul


October was a great month for books!
I didn't think I would end the month with such a big book haul!

First: Books for our daughters...
 

1) The Princess in Black and the Perfect Princess Party (book 2 in series) by Shannon Hale: 
We pre-ordered this book on Amazon as soon as it was available to do so. We were so excited when it got here and read it in one night!

         2) Beforever American Girl book:
We have two of these because they were giving them out at the grand opening of an American Girl store by us. Each girl got one and they were very happy about that.  

          3) Rainbow Rocks Panorama Sticker Book (My Little Pony):
Our daughter's school had a book fair the same week as parent teacher conference and this was Abi's choice. 

4) Snow Babies (it came with polar bear and penguin erasers which are not shown here)
This was Madeline's choice from the book fair. 

My books: 
 

               5) Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo: 
I was anticipating this release like crazy because I love her Grisha trilogy. I pre-ordered it. 

               6) The Doldrums by Nicholas Gannon: 
This was the book I bought the night of the signing with Leigh Bardugo just because it is so pretty and the synopsis sounds great.  

                7) Anne of Green Gables by L.M. Montgomery
I also picked this up the night of the book signing. I have wanted my pretty copy of this book for so long and this one is perfect. 

My last minute buys: 


I went to the library on Saturday afternoon and they were having a huge book sale. 25 cents per book!! They were pretty picked over and there were a lot I wasn't interested in at all but I took advantage of the sale by getting any books I had heard good things about from at least two people because I figured that if I didn't like it, it was only a quarter. 
The books I got: 

                   8) The Queen of the Tearling by Erika Johansen
                   9) Blackmoore by Julianne Donaldson
                 10) For Elise by Sarah M. Eden
                 11) Becoming Lady Lockwood by Jennifer Moore 
                 12) The House of Mirth by Edith Wharton

Audio Books: 

I signed up for Audible this month and was able to get both of these books for free!

                  13) Dracula by Bram Stoker


                    and finally 14) Ready Player One by Ernest Cline


Did you get any new books this month?

4 comments:

The Kings said...

Continue having fun reading!!

Cheryl said...

Thanks!

Donna said...

I LOVE that cover of Anne of Green Gables. I like collecting classic books just for their covers sometimes, especially favorites like Anne.

I read Blackmoore and I liked it. I have For Elise but haven't read it yet, and Becoming Lady Lockwood is on my to-read list. I really enjoyed The House of Mirth when I read it years ago. It was really dramatic and good.

That's an awesome book haul!

Cheryl said...

Oh good. I almost put The House of Mirth back down because it was much more beat up than the other books but then I thought, even beat up it was an awesome deal. I have heard a lot of good things about Becoming Lady Lockwood and Blackmoore.