Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Abi's 9th birthday

I was so worried that I wouldn't be well for Abi's birthday. 
But, thankfully by Friday I was up and around although I had to rest a lot. 
By Saturday morning I was feeling tired still but mostly back to normal. 
We were very happy to be able to fully celebrate the day!
She begged to open at least one gift before we got ready to go out for the day.
 


Baby Pinkie Pie!




Maddy wanted her to open the gift from her too. I love how excited they get to give each other gifts. 



Maddy gave her a bunch of loom bands. 
They played for a while until it was time to get ready. 


We were driving to Orem/Provo anyway so we stopped at Krispy Kreme for breakfast.


Then it was time to head to the mall to go to Build A Bear. 
We give the girls a choice. They can either have a party at our house for their friends or they can take their sister to Build A Bear. 
Abi chose Build A Bear this year. 
She was so excited because she had been hoping that the new Princess Celestia would be there in time for her birthday.. and it came out the day before!


Maddy picked out a heart teddy bear.


They just LOVE this place.


After Build a Bear we picked up a few Christmas items we needed in the mall and then headed back to Sandy to meet Grandma and Grandpa and McDonalds for lunch. 


Abi asked if I would bring along at least one present for her to open at lunch so we did. 
She got a fairy book.


I sent out an email inviting anyone who wanted to come over to stop by for cupcakes and ice cream. I had a feeling not many would show since it was very last minute because of not knowing how well we would be.
So luckily it was very simple since only my parents and Doug's brother and his wife Callie (from upstairs!) came by.
Abi asked me to make Mario themed cupcakes so they are supposed to be the little toadstool people from the games.


When we got back to the house we let Abi open the rest of her presents. 


Card from Grandma and Grandpa



They got her a rainbow loom- up until then she has just been making the bracelets by hand. 



And a loom band holder...
From us she got a My Little Pony Pop figurine


A princess peach car



A rarity doll


and some Lego Friends...


Maddy photobombed my attempt at a picture of Abi with her things.


One happy girl



Then we had cupcakes and ice cream. 


Maddy spent the rest of the afternoon playing with all of her new things.


That night my sister in law Karen was having a house party at her place for Hasbro games. Originally I wasn't going to go since it was on Abi's birthday but when Abi found out about it she asked if she could go. 
I asked Karen and she said, of course, yes. 
So, we rode with my parents out to Brent and Karen's and had so much fun playing games all night.


Abi even won one!


It was a fun birthday!
I can't believe Abigail is nine already!
She is such a funny kid.
She is super smart, thoughtful, sensitive, shy, and really cares about others. 
She is really, really strong and doesn't realize it so you have to be careful with her sometimes.
She loves to read, play with Legos, My Little Pony, Phineas and Ferb, and have one on one time with her favorite people. 
She loves to put on little parties and plays (usually with 24 hour notice now that we have told her she has to give us that much time) and loves drawing. 
She is in her first year at gymnastics and loves it. 
I can't imagine life without this girl.

1 comment:

The Kings said...

Love her so much and am so glad we got to be a part of her birthday!