Friday, October 10, 2014

Sofia Dress

We are planning to go to the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique again on our upcoming Disney World trip. Abi made her dress choice easier for me because she said she wanted to be Sofia the First for Halloween. We have told her that if we "ever" go again, she would need to bring a dress because the Fairy godmother makes the dress special only your first time. So she said she wanted to take her Sofia dress if we go again. Win. Win. 
However, the dress ended up being really challenging. 
I used a pattern for a Cinderella dress and had to tweak it a lot to be a Sofia dress. 
I screwed up so many times. AND it looks different from this now as well.
I took these pictures the morning after I finished it. 
Sorry they are so dark.
As you can see it is a little too low in the front. The pattern must have run HUGE because I did it one size bigger like I usually do (so they last longer) and it was way too big... this was even after taking it in and up a few times already. 
So, after I took these pictures and she was off to school, I took in the back about 5 inches and added a zipper. 
It is still a bit too big and she will have to wear an undershirt. But she loves it. So that's all that really matters. 




1 comment:

The Kings said...

Can't see your mistakes so that is a good sign! It looks so cute especially on Abi!