Wednesday, April 22, 2015

2nd Birthday

I got to have a second birthday this year!
My mom asked what I wanted and I told her I wanted to hang out like we have done a few other years. 
So she came up to spend the night. 
First, we went to dinner at a local Mexican restaurant that we used to go to when I was a teenager. 
We hadn't been there for 20 years and it was really different. 

The funniest thing happened when we first got there. 
We went in what we thought was the entrance and there was a guy sitting on a stool. 
He asked us for our ID's and then asked us if we were drinking or eating and drinking. 
I said, "Just eating." 
I am sure he was really confused but he gave us some suggestions and waved us through. 
Once past we realized that this was a bar. 
It had some tables but it was a very bar atmosphere. 
Not even a fun one like a pub or something. 
There was a table with two guys at it watching every move we made and I was feeling really uncomfortable so I said, "Do you want to go somewhere else?"
She agreed and we walked out. 
On our way back to my car I noticed another door that we hadn't seen before because it was behind us as we walked. 
I opened it to see what it was and it was the door to the restaurant. 
Apparently they share the building with a cantina. 
It was so funny. 

We got a booth and ordered our food and drinks. 



We both got "unleaded" pina colada's. They were so good. 



The food was quite good. 
We had a really fun time. 
On the way out we had to document the door I somehow didn't see. 


And the sign on the wall right in front of my car. Oops.


After dinner we went to Ulta to pick up my birthday freebie and then to Barnes and Noble where my mom used the rest of my money to get me this darling Peter Rabbit bag and the Percy Jackson series. 
I used money from my aunt and grandma to buy the other book. 



This bag is so darn cute. 
This is the back of it with the little cotton tail.


And the inside fabric. 
I plan on taking it somewhere very special next year. 
(details about that to come later)


We got some ice cream and went home to relax and watch some Downton Abbey episodes. 
PERFECT second birthday!

The next morning we went to Ihop for breakfast since I usually do that on my real birthday but this year we waited to do it with my mom. 



Such fun!

5 comments:

Donna said...

How fun! I LOVE that Peter Rabbit bag. I love Peter Rabbit and the bag is adorable. I may have to try to find one at Barnes & Noble this weekend. And I think I know where you're going to be taking it! ;-)

The Kings said...

It was so much fun even though we got carded!!!! I love celebrating your birthday with you (the day after). Thanks to Doug for letting us play!I think the bag is so cute too...hmmm should I get one?

Cheryl said...

Donna- It's adorable right? It is only $10 too so I think it is a great deal.
And I bet you are right. :)

Mom- It was so much fun. I love celebrating my birthday with you too. It is so nice of you to take the time to do these things with me.
Maybe you should. :)

Seth and Julie said...

From the title of the post I was trying to figure out who turned two. Duh! Happy Birthday! I love that your mom is your BFF and now I feel totally out of the loop about where you are taking that bag, but I will stay tuned.

Cheryl said...

Haha. That's funny. I didn't even think about that when I wrote it but what you thought makes sense.
Check out the latest post!