Wednesday, August 3, 2016

Booktubeathon

Since I let you all know that I was participating in Booktubeathon I thought I would do an update of my experience that week. 
In the original post I told you about the 7 challenges for the week. You can see those again here. 
Did I succeed in all of these challenges? 
Yes! I did. Woo hoo!
I did change around a few of the books but I was still able to pass off all of the challenges and read the seven books and watch a movie. 





The books/ challenges I passed off were: 
1) Book with yellow on its cover: Five Kingdoms, Book One- Sky Raiders by Brandon Mull
2) Read a book only after sunset: Austenland by Shannon Hale
3) Read a book you discovered on Booktube: All the Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr
4) Read a book by one of your favorite authors: Five Kingdoms, Book Two- The Rogue Knight by Brandon Mull
5) Read a book that is older than you: The Art of Homemaking by Daryl V. Hoole
6) Read and watch a book to movie adaptation: I used Austenland for this as well. 
7) Read seven books: I needed to read two more to meet this goal so I used Five Kingdoms, Book Three- Crystal Keepers by Brandon Mull and then since I was on the last day and didn't have much time I grabbed a book that has been on my shelf for years without being read and was very short- Stargirl by Jerry Spinelli

I was so excited to meet all the challenges. I will do reviews on my July wrap up post!

As far as the rest of Booktubeathon...
I wasn't going to do any online challenges since I don't have a Booktube channel but then I saw that they were doing Instagram challenges too. I did the first day and had so much fun thinking up my pictures and looking at other people's that I ended up doing the Instagram challenge each day. 
If you aren't on Instagram or didn't see them here they are: 

Day 1 challenge: Take a picture of a book in a landscape that matches the book. 


I thought about doing a book outside but came up with this picture instead. Maddy was so excited to help. Both she and Abi got so into these challenges with me. They loved it. So, yeah Maddy is not really asleep. She is posing. 

Day 2 challenge: Take a picture of a rainbow stack
 

This was my favorite one and we were all thinking I was going to win. But I didn't. 
I didn't want to just do a stack of books so I came up with this and Abi helped by letting me borrow some ponies. 

Day 3 challenge: A favorite quote
 

Day 4 challenge: Take a picture of a book with a snack
 

Day 5 challenge: Take a picture of your favorite classic
 

Of course I had to take a picture involving Anne of Green Gables

Day 6 challenge: Take a picture of a book that was handed down to you. 
 

I loved setting up this picture with the copy of Little Women that my mom read to us when I was little and then handed down to me when she got a new one. 

Day 7 challenge: Take a picture of a book in nature
 

The lamp was lit but that didn't show up. Darn it. 

Anyway, it was so much fun to do these pictures each day that now I am doing another picture challenge having to do with books for August. I think I will probably do one every month. I had no idea how much fun I would have with it!

I also got involved on Twitter which ended up being so much fun!
It was so cool when they would do a sprint where everyone was reading and you knew that all over the world there were a bunch of people reading at the same time as you. I know I am a nerd but I loved that. 
Every once in a while they would ask for a picture and I had a lot of fun sending those in on Twitter too. Here are some of them...


yourself reading your after sunset read....
 

A bookish problem: 
I tweeted "Trying to decide which bookmark to use"
 

Put your book to bed...
 

This was so much fun to be a part of and I will DEFINITELY be doing it again next year!

No comments: