Sunday, February 19, 2023

January and February 2023

These are a few of our memories from January and February: 

We had orange chicken, rice, and fruit for Chinese New Year. 


We have a few family members that own Crumbl cookie stores, and we have tried Crumbl cookies quite a few time. We all agree that they are okay, but they aren't our favorite thing in the world. The girls really wanted to try Dirty Dough because they think their billboard and ad campaign are funny. I surprised them one day by coming home from shopping with a box of Dirty Dough cookies to try. 


I forgot to take a picture of them as we were trying them, but we got one of each except the different chocolate chip cookie ones. We cut them up into eighths and the four of us each sampled the ones we wanted to (Abi was the only one that didn't try all of them I think), and we came to the conclusion that they are gross. One of them tasted like play dough. Two of them were okay, but nothing I would buy again. Maybe we hit them on a bad flavor week, but we have no interest in trying them again. I think we all agreed that if we are going to eat a cookie, we would rather have any of my homemade ones over any of these specialty cookie stores that we have tried. 


I signed the girls up for a free homeschool karate class. Abi enjoyed it; Maddy did not. 
I thought Abi might want to go back, but she doesn't. I think it's hard because the kids are mostly so young, and she felt out of place. 


Also, in January, I read Katherine Reay for the first time. My two favorite books of the month ended up both being from her. I have since read two more that I have also loved, so I plan on buying all the rest of her books soon. 


 

No comments: