Wednesday, December 2, 2020

Halloween

I started out the day with Maddie, pumpkin shaped waffles, and hot cocoa. Doug and Abi slept in, so we just had this time together. 



Then she and I read through the picture books that we hadn't got to yet. 


In the afternoon we visited my parents. Doug needed to help my mom with some computer stuff, so we went there to trick or treat. These pictures uploaded a bit out of order....




I realized while we were there that I hadn't taken any pictures of their costumes yet, so we took them at their house. 
Abi had a hard time coming up with a costume and finally decided to be the Hope Kingdom castle with the character Towa hanging out in the front of it. 



Maddie is Akari from an anime called Aikatsu. Her bear 'Angely bear' is part of the costume. 



After we went home, I set up the games for us to play. Since we weren't going trick-or-treating (besides my parents) I decided to make a very fun evening of games and then a candy scavenger hunt. 
The prizes..













For dinner we had the normal chili, but instead of breadsticks I made mummy hot dogs per Maddie's request. We also had some apple cider. 




The scavenger hunt....












I think they liked this better than going out because they only got their favorite kinds of candy. 




It ended up being a really fun Halloween. 

1 comment:

Jesmyluk said...

It looks like you guys had a wonderful Halloween! I hope your Thanksgiving was just as fabulous!