Wednesday, November 4, 2020

First day of the 2020/2021 school year

We started school right after the 4th of July. We were staying with my parents at the time, so we set up a makeshift school room in their formal dining room. 
For our first day pictures we went out into their beautiful yard. 


Our 9th grader- first year of high school!


Madeline's first day of 5th grade!


I set up the table in the dining room with a little first day display, their new supplies, their planners, and a few new books/toys. 

They were pretty excited.

We went over the planners and talked about our new schedule. Then they got to fill in the 'about me' page in the front of their planners.








We did some of our science in the yard since I decided to do a botany unit while we had access to such a great yard full of flowers and trees. 


 I love these girls. Teaching them at home isn't always easy. Our days don't always go the way I want them to. I don't always feel like the effort I put into it pans out, and I don't always feel like I put in my best effort, but I wouldn't change it. The time we have together, the memories we have made, and the relationship they have forged with each other will make it all worthwhile in the end. 
Here's to our fourth year of home education!

No comments: