Tuesday, November 22, 2016

Europe Adventure: Day Nineteen, part two- Versailles, part two

After having our lunch we went outside to explore the massive grounds. 
You could spend an entire day just exploring it. 
 












They had bikes and golf carts you could rent to ride around and we decided to skip on that... but later wished we hadn't! It was pretty cold and we were tired and this was a LONG walk!





After going down the hill and seeing the fountains we walked toward Marie Antoinette's hamlet. 





I spotted this guy and had to take a picture of him. I wasn't sure what he was but I think a muskrat? 
After I took pictures I noticed everyone else that was around going over to see what I was looking at. He got his picture taken a lot that day. 







It is pretty crazy to think of Marie Antoinette "playing" peasant but the hamlet was pretty amazing. 







One of the buildings was under construction. 









After seeing the hamlet we walked back up to the palace and then back down to the train station. 
We took the 40 minute train back to our stop near our hotel. 


We kept seeing this sign at all the train stops we passed. I have no idea what it is for but it made me laugh. 


Next up: More Paris

1 comment:

The Kings said...

I am so glad we visited Versailles! It was beautiful inside and out and the grounds were amazing. I really enjoyed seeing the hamlet but I do wish it hadn't been so COLD!