Tuesday, January 17, 2017

Christmas Eve 2016

We had a really fun Christmas Eve day where my parents visited to watch Abi open her birthday gift that arrived late. I will post more on that later. 
We listened to my favorite Christmas CD in the background pretty much all day.


There were cartoons watched and puzzles put together....
 

Abi threw out some reindeer food. 
 

We always make Cafe Rio burritos for dinner and the girls do not like those yet so Maddy started a new tradition (for them at least) of Christmas crepes. She loves to make crepes with Doug so they made those for she and Abi to have for dinner. 
 

After dinner we did our last devotionals with our Jesse Tree and did Christmas Eve scripture reading and then it was time to open the Christmas Eve box. 
We opened up the new game first- Scattergories. 
We played it before opening anything else. 
 

Then Maddy opened our new movie. 


New game and new movie...


Then it was finally time for our new pajamas and books!


Abi knew what they were getting as she helped me pick them out. We were so excited to be able to get them matching pajamas still. Maddy was SO happy that they had a cat theme.




They were really happy with their new books too.





Doug loved his new book- Tintin graphic novel collection.


We got Abi a collection of a few fairy books and Maddy a drawing book.



I love my new striped "elf" pajamas from Old Navy and I got The Chemist.


After this we read our new book...





Then it was time for the girls to go to bed. 
Soon after Doug and I settled down with our burritos and watched my favorite Christmas movie, The Bishop's Wife.



It was a lovely Christmas Eve!

1 comment:

The Kings said...


What a fun Christmas Eve!!