Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Best Movie Kisses

Valentines day is over. I still want to make a list of what I think are the five best movie kisses. 
These are the moments when I was silently (or not so silently) cheering in my seats. 
Maybe you agree with these five, maybe you don't.

#5: The Notebook 

They finally see each other after so many years and you know they are meant to be together. 
That rain kiss. Awesome.



#4: P.S. I Love You

Getting lost in the Irish countryside (I mean, that is an ideal setting for the perfect kiss) and meeting Gerard. That's pretty much perfect. 



#3: Miss Potter

They are so quiet and shy about their slow growing love. He arrives at the train station to see her off. The steam hides their kiss. So romantic.



#4: Anne of Avonlea

We waited for so long for Anne to finally realize that she belongs with Gilbert. 
And then they kiss! All is right with the world. 


And... drumroll....
My #1 pick: Never Been Kissed

Simply because every time I watch this movie I say "that is the perfect kiss'. Really. Every time. 


What are your favorite movie kisses of all time?

11 comments:

Holly said...

I love the kiss from North and South at the train station. Just awesome. Spoiler alert if you haven't seen season 3 of Sherlock (but I suspect you have): And I gotta say, even though it wasn't a for real kiss in the actual story line, when Sherlock kissed Molly after crashing through the window in episode 1 from season 3, it was pretty much perfection. Sigh.

BreeAnn said...

I haven't seen one of those movies, but agree with you on the others! I also love the kiss in You've Got Mail, and The Proposal when they finally kiss!

Cheryl said...

Holly- I agree with both of those!
BreeAnn, I can't even remember the Proposal one so I think I need to watch that again. But yes on You've got mail!

Seth and Julie said...

I can't even think of any movie kisses at the moment. I don't know if I watch enough movies to weigh in on this? I do love The Notebook though. That is one movie that is actually better than the book.

Deenie Bug said...

I agree with Holly on both North and South train station kiss and Sherlock and Molly :o)

Cheryl said...

Maureen- I knew that if you commented that North and South would get another mention.
Julie- I agree. There only a few books that I think the movie version is better and that is one of them.

Donna said...

I love the Gilbert and Anne kiss in Anne of Avonlea. I need to see "Never Been Kissed" and some of the others!

The Kings said...

When Rhett kisses Scarlett on the battle road as he leaves to go fight. (If only she had gone with the flow and not got angry!!) She knew she loved him but wasn't about to admit it.

Deenie Bug said...

Oh, ya, that one, too! Ahhh, Rhett and Scarlett :o)

Cannegieter said...

I vote for when Mr. Darcy finally kisses Elizabeth Bennet for the first time in Pride and Prejudice (2005) :)

Jen said...

I'm the same as Julie, can't think of any movie kisses. I'm not a romantic though and tend to steer clear of those kinds of movies...lol. I have seen The Notebook and Never Been Kissed and agree that both of those kisses are unforgettable.