Sunday, August 13, 2023

Random summer memories

Maddy found a vole in a window well in our back yard, so she and Doug coaxed it into this bucket and then released it into the field across the street. 



There were quite a few celebrations during the summer: 
my sister-in-law Karen's birthday,



the Fourth of July,
(we went to Doug's parent's house in the morning for breakfast with his family, and then we spent the rest of the day at home. We had a bbq and watched National Treasure at night.)

my niece Courtney's baby shower,


and the girls' spent their annual week at my parent's house while I did school planning. Doug and I went out most evenings, so that was fun. 


 A few weeks before that, my dad ended up in the ICU and spent a week in the hospital and a week in a care center. I was gone almost all day every day while he was in the hospital, so that I could be with him and help my mom. It was a hard time, so having a lot of fun things to do afterward were nice. Thankfully, he is doing much better now. He had pneumonia really bad, and it will take a while for a full recovery, but he seems to be progressing pretty quickly now. 

No comments: