Sunday, August 13, 2023

Last day of School 2022/2023

I didn't tell Abi and Maddy when the last day of school would be, but they knew it was coming soon as we were winding down all of our subjects. On June 20, I set up our school room with the Last Day flag, a bunch of things from our school year to show what we have done and read. This year I didn't put out all the read-aloud, but I did put out their personal reading. I put out the binders of their work, and then bags with gifts to celebrate their hard work and the summer. 









When they came down, they were very excited to see it all laid out and to find out what was in their bags. 

















It was so fun to spend time going through all of the things and talking about our year. My mom came over to look through their things as well. 


We always have donuts or something similar on the last day. I bought a few kinds at the store in the days leading up to the last day. We made a fun drink, and it was all put out on the dining table for my mom and the girls to enjoy. I also sent some home for my dad. 


They presented their last project, and the school year was done!



 


No comments: