Sunday, August 13, 2023

Christmas in July

We have made a tradition of celebrating Christmas in July the last few years. Technically, I think it should be Christmas in June, but we did it in July like everyone else. I went a little overboard this year. I'm not even sure why. It may have been spending so much time in the hospital, it may have been the fact that I am lamenting how fast my daughters are growing up, or just that I was excited... probably a mixture of all three. 
I made a book on Snapfish of some pictures Abi made in school last December. She made twelve days of Christmas themed pictures with You-gi-oh! characters. We always open a new book on Christmas Eve, so I wrapped this book up for Christmas in July Eve. They were very surprised. 




The next morning I put out a special breakfast. 


We brought down Maddy's little tree, I put a big bow on it, and then I put out presents for both girls. I filled the stockings too. These were bought this year to be different from our regular Christmas stockings. My mom spent the night and we watched The Man Who Invented Christmas, so she was still here in the morning. I gave her a stocking and gift too. And she gave all three of us gifts as well. 







Maddy got mostly art supplies, Abi got mostly toys (yes, that's true), and My mom and I got books. It was really fun. 
 

No comments: