Sunday, June 11, 2023

Mother's Day

A few days before Mother's Day, we hosted a little Mother's Day Tea with my mom. I made raspberry lemonade and Anne's Liniment Cake (from the Anne of Green Gables cookbook). The table was decorated with my new tea cups, some Bible promises books I bought for my mom and I, the flowers my sister had brought me a few days before, and the gifts we had for my mom. 

Our dining area is kind of a crowded mess right now until the basement is finished, so we tried our best to make this little spot beautiful for the occasion. 

The girls each drew a card for my mom and I gave her a card and a book. (In addition the Bible Promises book)

Abi gave me a card too. My mom gave me a card and a book that I have been wanting. 

A few days later we celebrated Mother's Day with a quiet day at home. I left out my things from the tea party, but I got a few new things as well. I got the Bronte themed puzzle, two small bookish candles, a larger Avonlea themed candle, and Maddy made me a comic strip and a beautiful watercolor painting of Peggy's Cove.



 

No comments: